The Highland Group and AllTheRooms have just released The US Short-Term Rental Market Report, a groundbreaking publication on the short-term rental sector in 50 of the largest US short-term rental markets.
US Short-Term Rental Market Report
Key highlights of the report include:
- Short-term rental unit supply more than doubled to 87 million room nights from 2017-19 and is up 16% year-to-date in 2020>
- National demand is down 15% year-to-date but 20 markets report increased demand
- Gross annual revenues of $8.7 billion in 2019 are down 22% year-to-date but 12 of the top 50 markets report increased revenues
- Jacksonville (FL), Grand Rapids, Minneapolis, Tampa and Rochester report highest revenue growth year-to-date
- Urban located 1-bedroom units with a 1-6 night stay achieved the highest occupancy at 53.6% in 2019
- Suburban located 1-bedroom units with a 1-6 night stay achieved the highest occupancy at 28.9% in April 2020
The more than 1,100 page report contains over 300,000 statistics on short-term rentals in the 50 largest US markets. For the years 2017 – 2019 and year-to-date through April 2020, segmented into 1-6, 7-29 and 30+ night lengths of stay for one, two and three bedroom units in both urban and suburban locations, the report includes:
- Gross Revenues
Please note the report is copyright protected and distribution of the report outside of your company in electronic or printed form is prohibited.
©2020 The Highland Group. ©2020 AllTheRooms. All rights reserved. Confidential and proprietary subject to license – do not reproduce or disclose. This report is intended for viewing by clients only and may not be distributed to or viewed by others or reproduced for distribution in any form