The Highland Group is proud to partner with the Corporate Housing Providers Association on the 2018 Corporate Housing Industry Report, the most recent national presentation of data for the corporate housing industry. Included is information on corporate housing business indicators for 62 U.S. and Canadian metropolitan areas.
US Corporate housing room revenue was $3.62 billion in 2017 which was up 12.9% from 2016. Based on 5,980 units reporting, the Canadian corporate housing industry generated room revenues estimated at $248 million in 2017, a decrease of 10.9% from 2016. The Canadian overall industry is significantly larger than annual revenues currently indicate.
This report is an invaluable resource for corporate housing professionals and their partners, informing strategic management decisions, providing data to evaluate market conditions and identify growth opportunities, as well as to understand the environment to develop new products and services. To order the 2018 Corporate Housing Industry Report, please go to our online store at https://www.highland-group.net/shop. Included in the report is detailed information on:
- Unit supply 2008 – 2017
- Average occupancy 2008 – 2017
- Average rate 2008 – 2017
- Average rate by unit type
- Purpose of Trip
- (1) Some years from 2008 – 2017 may not be shown for confidentiality reasons and other factors. Call us for years shown in specific MSAs and nationally
Serviced Apartment Summit Americas 2016 video highlights: Click Here
Mark Skinner was the guest speaker at the December CHPA Network Connection Event in Atlanta.
The US Extended Stay Market report covers:
Highland Group Reports segment extended-stay hotels into economy, mid-price and upscale rate segments and include the following:
- Eight year history of supply, demand, occupancy, average rate and RevPar
- New construction and supply projections (mid-year and annual report only)
- Revenue and expense statements (annual report only)
- Complete History Extended-Stay Hotel Statistics 1998 – 2019
Examples of Extended Stay Research:
- Feasibility Studies
- Study of the saturation point for extended stay products
- National market assessment to establish a new chain of extended stay hotels
- Due diligence for an investor looking at a package of 20+ hotels
- Evaluation of extended stay potential in Europe
- Regional development study
Research and Publications:
The Highland Group has been known for its research and publications on the extended stay segment of the lodging industry since 1992.
Highland Group professionals have been following the extended stay market since the early 1980’s. Partner Mark Skinner is frequ